Monday, November 14, 2011

My Very First Pattern

Hi all,

I thought I would share how I got to this point of selling my book at Amazon. I'm sure many of you have thought about writing a book or it at least crossed your mind. I know it didn't cross my mind until I started my own craft magazine and realized I had alot of funny things happen to me while in this crazy craft business. I decided I wanted to share what I know and hopefully help others. So here I am...
To start off let me show you my very first pattern. This was the one that started me on this journey to where I am now. You can say I blame it on the cat.
My first pattern was McCalls called Fat Cat! I changed the ears up and now I have my Chubby Bunny! I sold these cuties for $15 which was big money to me back then.

Here is what the original pattern looked like. I must say that they were the cutest pattern I ever bought and simple to do. Even if it took me 2 hours to make one bunny. lol
It has taken me 22 years to get where I am now. But if I can help you get to this point quicker with my experiences or what I call bumps & bruises then I will do what I can. Welcome to my journey...it's gonna be a bumpy ride so hold on. lol

1 comment:

  1. Talena you did such a wonderful job for that being your first pattern, you should have seen mine, LOL! It's hard to believe that was your first, just love it! Wow, 22 yrs is awesome! Can't wait to read all your experiences, help, tips n all in your book! I'm so looking forward to it!
    Thank you,
    Hugs Libs

    ReplyDelete